From Principal Shawn Liu
• A great online children’s books site, http://children.cca.gov.tw/garden/, hosted by Council for Cultural Affairs, Taiwan
• This Sunday, 3/18, is picture day. Andrew and Kevin, our photographers, will come to the classrooms and take class photos.
• The Grade 5 speech contest is scheduled for this Sunday, 3/18, between 2:20 and 2:50 in the classroom 351. Parents are welcome to observe.
• New England Association of Chinese Schools (NEACS) is hosting the annual speech, typing and culture contests on 4/14. Please register by 4/1 with your teacher. The school will subsidize the registration fee. Training will be provided between 4:10 and 4:50 in the office.
Contest Date : April 14
Place: 90 Lincoln St., Newton Highlands, MA 02461
Rules and Registration :
Speech, click me
Chinese Typing, click me
Culture & Arts & knowledge, click me
• The scores for the SAT II Chinese mock test will be available by April 30.
• In the event of the inclement weather or snow day the school cancellation will be posted on our website (http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org). You will also be notified via email.
From Vice Principal Celia Lee
• PARENT DUTY – The following parents are scheduled to work on March 18:
Michael & Dewi Crowe
George Au & Elizabeth Tze
Nelson Suit & Seri Latiff
James buswell & Carol Ou
• You can now find your parent duty schedule for the 2011-2012 school year on our website, http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org/2011-2012/ParentDuty/parent%20duty2011.pdf.
• Parents on duty should report to the Office (Room 243) at 1:45pm. If you cannot come, please contact Vice Principal, Celia Lee（508-337-6071，firstname.lastname@example.org.).There is a $50 fine for absence without prior notice to the Vice Principal.
Support our Students
Joshua Shiau, TCLS graduate and former Guitar teacher of 2009-2011, is looking for your support to his art project, Pinwheel, to be displayed in the Burning Man festival at the Nevada desert. To read more, see here. To make donation please go here.
Joshua Shiau is a freshman at Rhode Island School of Design.
Angle Dance Company
Date: Sunday April 7, 7 PM
Place: John Hancock Hall, 180 Berkeley St. Boston