From Principal Shawn Liu
• It is with deep sadness and sorrow that I inform you of the passing of Frank Kao. Frank’s family has been a long time supporter of TCLS. Frank was our paining teacher, Frank’s wife, Shing-Chuan, was the kindergarten teacher, and his son Bryan, daughter Anita were TA of our school.
• Please make a note of the following date changes:
Parents & Staff Conference has been rescheduled for 4/29, 2:15-2:55, in the office.
Open House has been rescheduled for 5/6, 2:30-4:00. Please forward this information to friends and communities. Flyer can be downloaded from www and the printed copies will be available in the office upon request.
• No school on 4/15. Happy spring break!
• G9, 4/1 speech contest winners
1st 朱珮芸, Pei-Yun Chu
2n 何禕瑋, Matthew He
3rd 許庭愷, Eric Hsu
• B2, 4/1 speech contest winners
1st 馬艾瑞, Aria Maher
2n 李弦碇, Claire Lee
• The pictures of 2012 Class Photos are now posted on Galleries. Many thanks to Kevin for being the great photographer and for posting them on the website.
• New England Association of Chinese Schools (NEACS) is hosting the annual speech, typing and culture contests on 4/14. Training will be provided between 4:10 and 4:50 in the office. Also please review the words and phrases to be used for typing contests from B1, B2, B3, and B4.
Contest Date : April 14
Place: 90 Lincoln St., Newton Highlands, MA 02461
Rules and Registration :
Speech, click me
Chinese Typing, click me
Culture & Arts & knowledge, click me
• The scores for the SAT II Chinese mock test will be available by April 30.
• In the event of the inclement weather or snow day the school cancellation will be posted on our website (http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org). You will also be notified via email.
From Vice Principal Celia Lee
• PARENT DUTY – The following parents are scheduled to work on April 8:
George Au & Elizabeth Tze
Chen Ho & Wendy Whu
Barry Wong & Yumei Zhu
Eric & Katherine Huang
• You can now find your parent duty schedule for the 2011-2012 school year on our website, http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org/2011-2012/ParentDuty/parent%20duty2011.pdf.
• Parents on duty should report to the Office (Room 243) at 1:45pm. If you cannot come, please contact Vice Principal, Celia Lee（508-337-6071，email@example.com.).There is a $50 fine for absence without prior notice to the Vice Principal.
Angle Dance Company
Date: Sunday April 7, 7 PM
Place: John Hancock Hall, 180 Berkeley St. Boston