From Principal Shawn Liu
• The second Parents Meeting will be held this Sunday, 4/29, from 2:10 to 2:55pm in the cafeteria. This is a great opportunity to meet the staff, talk about the school policy and have your questions answered. I hope everyone can attend.
• Next Sunday, 5/6, Open House, 2:30 – 4:00, in the Cafeteria.
Flyer can be downloaded here and the printed copies are available upon request. Please forward this information to friends and communities.
• The scores for the SAT II Chinese mock test will be available by April 30.
From Vice Principal Celia Lee
• PARENT DUTY – The following parents are scheduled to work on April 22:
George Au & Elizabeth Tze
Chen Ho & Wendy Whu
Barry Wong & Yumei Zhu
Eric & Katherine Huang
• You can now find your parent duty schedule for the 2011-2012 school year on our website, http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org/2011-2012/ParentDuty/parent%20duty2011.pdf.
• Parents on duty should report to the Office (Room 243) at 1:45pm. If you cannot come, please contact Vice Principal, Celia Lee（508-337-6071，firstname.lastname@example.org.).There is a $50 fine for absence without prior notice to the Vice Principal.
Chinese Music Concert Presented by GBCCA Chinese Music Ensembles
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012
Time: 7:30 pm
Place: Casey Theatre, Regis College
235 Wellesley Street,
Weston, MA. 02493
The concert is free with tickets. For tickets please contact the office.
The concert will feature ensemble pieces, duet, and solo pieces. The instruments include Yangqin(Chinese Dulcimer) , Gouzheng(Chinese Zither), Pipa(Chinese Lute), Zhongyuan, Erhu(Chinese Fiddle), zhonghu (Chinese Viola), Dizi(Chinese Bamboo Flute), Shouna, Cello, and many percussions.
The Ensembles pieces are: “Ascending steps”, “Dance Music of Tea Leaves Picking|, “Hakka Folk Tunes Medley”, “Beautiful Jiangnan”, “Welcoming Guests from Afar”, and “A Drinking Song”. The Ensemble will present a solo piece for pipa and guzheng performed by Kevin Zheng and Shin-Yi Yang. The Youth Ensemble will present two solo pieces, a dizi duet solo piece performed by Kimberly Huang and Clare Lai, and a guzheng solo piece performed by Lily Zhu.