From Principal Shawn Liu
• This Sunday, 5/6, is out school Open House, from 2:30 to 4:00 in the Cafeteria. Flyer can be downloaded here. Please forward it to your friends and communities.
• I would like to thank the parents who participated in the Parent’s Meeting last week. We announced some changes for the 2012-2013 school year.
o Bilingual program will be reorganized as family classes in level 1 to 5.
o G8 and G9 will use 美洲華語 as the primary textbook.
o Two new extracurricular programs will be introduced – Java Programming and Photography (3:10 – 4:00 for adults and 4:10 – 5:00 for students or families).
• 2012-2013 registration starts this week. Registration form will be sending home and also can be download here.
From Vice Principal Celia Lee
• PARENT DUTY – The following parents are scheduled to work on May 6:
Jackie Legister & Cummins
Fay & Ike Chang
Falvius & Alina Chircu
Buaboocha Semapakdi & Timothy Chang
• You can now find your parent duty schedule for the 2011-2012 school year on our website, http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org/2011-2012/ParentDuty/parent%20duty2011.pdf.
• Parents on duty should report to the Office (Room 243) at 1:45pm. If you cannot come, please contact Vice Principal, Celia Lee（508-337-6071，firstname.lastname@example.org.).There is a $50 fine for absence without prior notice to the Vice Principal.
Newton Taiwan Day – 5/5
On Saturday, 5/5, the Culture Center of Taipei Economic Culture Office in Boston will sponsor the Newton Taiwan Day featuring Chinese traditional performances, art & crafts, food and many cultural activities. Admission is free.
Time : 5/5, 12am-5:00pm
Place: The Culture Center of Taipei Economic Culture Office in Boston
Hyde Community Center Play ground
90 Lincoln St, Newton Highlands, MA 02461
Chinese Music Concert
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012
Time: 7:30 pm
Place: Casey Theatre, Regis College
235 Wellesley Street,
Weston, MA. 02493
Presented by GBCCA Chinese Music Ensembles
Free tickets are available at the TCLS office. No admissions for children under age 6.
The concert will feature ensemble pieces, duet, and solo pieces. The instruments include Yangqin(Chinese Dulcimer) , Gouzheng(Chinese Zither), Pipa(Chinese Lute), Zhongyuan, Erhu(Chinese Fiddle), zhonghu (Chinese Viola), Dizi(Chinese Bamboo Flute), Shouna, Cello, and many percussions.
The Ensembles pieces are: “Ascending steps”, “Dance Music of Tea Leaves Picking|, “Hakka Folk Tunes Medley”, “Beautiful Jiangnan”, “Welcoming Guests from Afar”, and “A Drinking Song”. The Ensemble will present a solo piece for pipa and guzheng performed by Kevin Zheng and Shin-Yi Yang. The Youth Ensemble will present two solo pieces, a dizi duet solo piece performed by Kimberly Huang and Clare Lai, and a guzheng solo piece performed by Lily ZhuThe concert is free with tickets.