From Principal Shawn Liu
• We’ll be sending home the report card II this Sunday. Please put your comments on the report card and return it back to the teacher next week. Your comments will be valuable for planning the 2012-2013 school year.
• The 2012-2013 registration has started. Register before 6/10 to get an early registration discount. Pleas also note that there are some curricular changes for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year.
o Bilingual program will be reorganized as family classes in level 1 to 5.
o G8 and G9 will use 美洲華語 as the primary textbook.
o Two new extracurricular programs will be introduced – Java Programming and Photography (3:10 – 4:00 for adults and 4:10 – 5:00 for students or families).
• TCLS’s Arts & Crafts booth attracted big crowds at the 5/5 Newton’s Taiwan day, see pictures above. Many thanks to the teachers and parents who helped on the day
From Vice Principal Celia Lee
• PARENT DUTY – The following parents are scheduled to work on May 13:
Jackie Legister & Cummins
Fay & Ike Chang
Falvius & Alina Chircu
Buaboocha Semapakdi & Timothy Chang
• You can now find your parent duty schedule for the 2011-2012 school year on our website, http://www.thechineselanguageschool.org/2011-2012/ParentDuty/parent%20duty2011.pdf.
• Parents on duty should report to the Office (Room 243) at 1:45pm. If you cannot come, please contact Vice Principal, Celia Lee（508-337-6071，firstname.lastname@example.org.).There is a $50 fine for absence without prior notice to the Vice Principal.
Chinese Music Concert
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012
Time: 7:30 pm
Place: Casey Theatre, Regis College
235 Wellesley Street,
Weston, MA. 02493
Presented by GBCCA Chinese Music Ensembles
Free tickets are available at the TCLS office. No admissions for children under age 6.
The concert will feature ensemble pieces, duet, and solo pieces. The instruments include Yangqin(Chinese Dulcimer) , Gouzheng(Chinese Zither), Pipa(Chinese Lute), Zhongyuan, Erhu(Chinese Fiddle), zhonghu (Chinese Viola), Dizi(Chinese Bamboo Flute), Shouna, Cello, and many percussions.
The Ensembles pieces are: “Ascending steps”, “Dance Music of Tea Leaves Picking|, “Hakka Folk Tunes Medley”, “Beautiful Jiangnan”, “Welcoming Guests from Afar”, and “A Drinking Song”. The Ensemble will present a solo piece for pipa and guzheng performed by Kevin Zheng and Shin-Yi Yang. The Youth Ensemble will present two solo pieces, a dizi duet solo piece performed by Kimberly Huang and Clare Lai, and a guzheng solo piece performed by Lily ZhuThe concert is free with tickets.
Dance with the Dragon Chinese folk arts, 5/26
The Chinese Folk Art Workshop is presenting the annual performance featuring drumming and folk dancing.
Time: 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm, 5/26.
Place: Virginia Wimberly Theatre, 527 Tremont Street, Boston
Ticket info ($15 per ticket):
Email: info@ folkartboston.org